https://www.supportsaffronwalden.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/supportsaffronwalden-pile-of-masks-scaled.jpg 2560 1707 dev.login https://www.supportsaffronwalden.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/support-saffron-walden.png dev.login2020-09-25 11:21:352020-09-25 11:21:35NHS Covid-19 app: How England and Wales' contact-tracing service works
It has been a long time coming but England and Wales’ Covid-19 app will launch on Thursday.
It follows in the footsteps of Scotland and Northern Ireland’s own efforts but has more features.
Apple and Google’s automated contact-tracing technology will be used to tell people to self-isolate if their phone detects they were near someone later determined to have the virus.
But there’s more, including:
- a venue check-in barcode scanner
- a postcode-based risk-level checker
- a symptoms-reporter tool
- the means to order a coronavirus test and receive its results
- a countdown timer to keep track of how long to stay in self-isolation
- a guide to the latest advice on local restrictions, financial support and other related information