What you Will Need:
- 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment. On this occasion, I have put the mixture into muffin tins which you can do also!
- Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. If your cake needs longer then keep it in the oven until it is cooked.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
On the recipe it says you can add icing but I prefer not to add icing to my banana bread but if you would like to add icing then add the 50g of icing sugar to 2-3 tsp of water, mix together (should look watery) and then drizzle this over the loaf!
This recipe is from BBC Goodfoods